7.22.2006

The Devil Wears Prada


I'm trying to decide if I liked this movie or not. I don't think I will give you a blow by blow account of this movie. I'm sure you could find any number of plot summaries. Some random thoughts about the movie: it seems that the "villian" was almost too stereotypical. Meryl Streep carries it off well as ice queen. But she is a fantastic actress and I usually like movies she is in. She plays a "difficult"--understatement boss. My thinking, there's no excuse for rudeness. And the character she portrays is just that. Rude. Goes to show that social status has no relationship to bad behaviour. And heaven knows there can be male bosses just as harsh, tyrannical, demanding and snarly. Many of us have worked for one. I think the salon.com review by Stephanie Zacharek pretty well covers it. I'd rate it about a ***.

No comments: