11.25.2006

Wit



Oh, my. I saw Wit this weekend after getting it from my wonderful Netflix. This movie was just about the best acting I've seen. Emma Thompson is her outstanding self. The dialog is sharp and insightful. The screenplay is wonderful, funny, sad, ironic, and highly telling about contemporary academic and medical communities. I can't think of any other movie I've seen recently that has affected me more. Oh, my. Can I give it about 10 stars? There are so many wonderful lines. I have to share one. It goes something like: "Do not go back to the Library. Go out and live." How can one go wrong with advice like that? Take it from me, as one who lives in the Library. Yes, there is life inside books and movies, but there is a bigger life in the world for us to experience for ourselves.

No comments: