4.21.2007

Notable Book Challenge

I'm taking the challenge! I've started by reading these four books:

READING LIKE A WRITER: A Guide for People Who Love Books and for Those Who Want to Write Them. By Francine Prose.

THE LOOMING TOWER: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11. By Lawrence Wright.

THE PLACES IN BETWEEN. By Rory Stewart.

IRAN AWAKENING: A Memoir of Revolution and Hope. By Shirin Ebadi with Azadeh Moaveni.

I am happy to say that I have completed the first three thus far this year.

Actually I am not quite finished with Iran Awakening, but should be done in the next day or so. It is engaging, and I am enjoying it. I know I will complete it.


The final non-fiction book on my list will be: THE OMNIVORE'S DILEMMA: A Natural History of Four Meals. By Michael Pollan. I have read The Botany of Desire so am eager to see what Pollan has to say. I am thinking about adding 5 books from the fiction list. I have one of them already. So, I think that will make a fine challenge: 5 non-fiction and 5 fiction.

What a lovely idea.

1 comment:

Lani Gerity said...

Hey Linda,
What is your email?
I'd love to get together in Ann Arbor.
Contact me @ lanipuppetmaker at mac dot com !!!!