4.03.2007

Can we ever do too much thinking?



This is me this week. It's spring break, and I'm having a delightful time. So far I have had some good times of just "thinking." I don't think I do enough of it. Do you? What do you think about when you sit down for a rest? What do you wake up thinking about? What do you fall asleep thinking about? Thinking is definitely underrated. We should do more of it, I think.

Ok, now I've got to get up and "do" something. Of course, there are all of those requisite jobs such as laundry, grocery shopping, etc. to catch up on. See what I mean. We always think we have to get up and do something.

Now I'm reading Anne Lamott's Blue Shoe. I can't say that I'm really getting into it that much. I think her strength lies in the personal narrative, essay. I read Rosie which is also fiction and liked it. But Blue Shoe just hasn't grabbed me so far. I should finish it today. Who knows what I'll think about reading next.

By the way, I found a great site for free images. Stock.xchng: http://www.sxc.hu/home. I think it's pretty nifty.

No comments: